【PRINCIPLES FOR PROTECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION】
Blakemore & Mitsuki (hereinafter the "Firm") recognizes its social responsibilities to appropriately handle personal information that the Firm, its attorneys or staff receive from its clients, applicant visitors, or other persons (hereinafter the "Personal Information").
The Firm hereby sets forth the following principles for protection of Personal Information, and shall do its utmost to protect Personal Information by having all staff members observe the following:
For further details, please refer to the "Rules for Handling of Personal Information".
- The Firm shall observe applicable laws and regulations regarding the handling of Personal Information.
- The Firm shall acquire Personal Information in an appropriate manner.
- Except for where otherwise required by law or regulation, the Firm shall, upon providing notice or publicizing the purpose of use of the Personal Information, use the Personal Information within the scope of such purpose of use.
- The Firm shall train its attorneys and staff to understand the importance of protecting Personal Information and to handle Personal Information appropriately.
- Except for where otherwise required by law or regulation, the Firm shall not disclose Personal Information to a third party without the prior consent of the person to whom such Personal Information pertains.
- The Firm shall establish necessary and appropriate security measures and manage Personal Information appropriately, in order to avoid unauthorized access to Personal Information and loss, falsification, and divulging of Personal Information.
- In the event that the Firm entrusts the handling of Personal Information to a third party, the Firm shall appropriately monitor such party to ensure the secure management of Personal Information by such party.
- The Firm shall prescribe procedures regarding the disclosure and revision, etc., of Personal Information.
- The Firm shall accept comments and inquiries relating to the handling of Personal Information.
- The Firm shall continuously review the management systems and initiatives for protection of Personal Information, and shall endeavor the make improvements thereupon.
【RULES FOR HANDLING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION】
Blakemore & Mitsuki (hereinafter the "Firm") shall handle personal information that the Firm, its attorneys or staff receive from its clients, applicant visitors, or other persons (including any personal data pertaining thereto; hereinafter the "Personal Information"), as set forth below.
1. Purpose of Use
The Firm is to use the Personal Information within a necessary scope, to achieve each of the following:
Personal Information that is obtained based on the activity of recruitment of attorneys and staff shall be used solely for the activity for recruitment of attorneys and staff and for no other purpose.
- Execution of legal services;
- Providing information of any study group meetings, lectures, seminars given by our Firm's attorneys, or any publications, essays or other published materials by our Firm's attorneys;
- Sending greeting cards (including by e-mail);
- Activity for recruitment of attorneys and staff;
- Other purposes ancillary to the above purposes.
2. Disclosure of Personal Information to Third Parties
The Firm is not to disclose the Personal Information to any third party, but this shall exclude the case where the consent of the individual of such Personal Information has been obtained in advance or the case where such disclosure is required by law or regulation.
3. Management of Personal Information
The Firm is to establish necessary and appropriate measures, and is to manage Personal Information appropriately, in order to avoid unauthorized access to Personal Information and loss, falsification, and divulging of Personal Information.
4. Entrustment of the Handling of Personal Information
In the event that the Firm entrusts the handling of Personal Information to a third party in relation to any outsourcing of a service (hereinafter the "Contractor"), the Firm shall use a Contractor selected pursuant to the standards prescribed by the Firm.
The Firm shall enter into a nondisclosure agreement with the Contractor, and shall endeavor to ensure that the Contractor shall not use Personal Information for a purpose other than the intended purpose of use, and that there shall be no loss, falsification, or divulging of Personal Information on the part of the Contractor.
There may be instances where the Firm entrusts the handling of Personal Information to third parties in relation to the following matters:
- Matters for mailing greetings, etc.; and
- Matters relating to the operation and maintenance of information systems.
5. Disclosure, Etc. of Personal Information
If you wish any notice, disclosure, revision, suspension of use, or deletion, etc., regarding Personal Information, please make a request in accordance with the following:
(1) Who May Make a Request
- The provider of Personal Information
- The statutory agent of the provider of Personal Information, in the event that the provider is a minor or an adult ward
- The agent designated by the provider of Personal Information
(2) Request Procedures
Please present to the Firm, during the Firm's hours of business, the identification materials of the person making the request (or, if an agent, then, in addition thereto, a power of attorney in writing). You may make a request by postal delivery.
If you make a request for disclosure, etc., of information, the Firm shall receive from you fees prescribed by the Firm.
(4) Method and Timing of Response to Request for Disclosures, Etc.
After receiving a request, we will respond to you, in writing or other method and within a reasonable period of time, regarding whether or not we can accept your request and regarding the timing for our action. If it is clear that it is necessary to act in response to a request, then the Firm will act without delay.
6. Contacting the Firm
For inquiries and information regarding Personal Information, please contact us at the following:
Blakemore & Mitsuki
Nittochi Bldg., 4F
4-1, Kasumigaseki 1-Chome,
Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 100-0013
Telephone Number: 03-3506-3660
Hours of Operation: 9:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
(excluding holidays and the period of year-end and New Year)
7. Regarding Participation in Organizationsて
The Firm is not a member of any authorized personal information protection organization as defined in Chapter 4, Section 2 of the Act on the Protection of Personal Information.
8. Joint Use of Personal Information
The Firm does not jointly use Personal Information pursuant to Article 23, Paragraph 4, Item 3 of the Act on the Protection of Personal Information.
These Rules were published on April 1st, 2005, and have been applied since such date of publication.
The Firm may revise the "Principles for Protection of Personal Information" and these Rules, in order to respond to enactments or changes of law, regulation, or case law.